Each morning the children are asked if they have brought a packed lunch or having a school meal. Reception, Years 1 & 2 children are entitled to a ‘Universal Free School Meal’ i.e. a free school meal. From September 2023 pupils in KS2 are charged £2.50 per day, unless they qualify for free school meals and we will send you details about payment as your child finishes year 2.
School Meals menus:
Free School Meals
Reception, and Year 1 & 2 children are entitled to a ‘Universal Free School Meal’ - families do not need to pay.
Pupils in KS2 (years 3, 4, 5 and 6) are charged £2.50 per day, unless they qualify for ‘free school meals’ (application required).
Although there is no longer a need for parents/carers to claim a free school meal for pupils in Reception, year 1 or 2, we strongly encourage you to do so. If your child is entitled to free school meals, they also qualify for Pupil Premium (see below).
A free school meals application can be made here : Free School Meals Application
Children are entitled to free school meals if their parents or guardians get:
- Universal Credit – your net earned income must be less than £7,400;
- Income Support;
- Job Seeker's Allowance (income based);
- Employment and Support Allowance;
- Child Tax Credit, and have an annual income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs);
- Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit;
- Support payments under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- Working Tax Credit Run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit);
- Universal Credit.
If you get Working Tax Credit, your child(ren) are not entitled to free school meals.