Free School Meals
Reception, and Year 1 & 2 children are entitled to a ‘Universal Free School Meal’ - families do not need to pay.
Pupils in KS2 (years 3, 4, 5 and 6) are charged £2.20 per day, unless they qualify for ‘free school meals’ (application required).
Although there is no longer a need for parents/carers to claim a free school meal for pupils in Reception, year 1 or 2, we strongly encourage you to do so. If your child is entitled to free school meals, they also qualify for Pupil Premium (see below).
A free school meals application is available on the school webpage, in the ‘Forms’ Pencil. Alternatively, complete the Free School Meals Application form and return by email or post to Calderdale Council Welfare and Benefits Service.
Children are entitled to free school meals if their parents or guardians get:
- Universal Credit – your net earned income must be less than £7,400;
- Income Support;
- Job Seeker's Allowance (income based);
- Employment and Support Allowance;
- Child Tax Credit, and have an annual income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs);
- Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit;
- Support payments under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- Working Tax Credit Run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit);
- Universal Credit.
If you get Working Tax Credit, your child(ren) are not entitled to free school meals.